Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ramblings

Life is so good right now.  We are just seriously loving life and having so much fun.  Sometimes I feel weird about writing stuff like that because I am sensitive to the fact that others may be going through hell and I never want to come across as annoying.  I wish I wasn't as sensitive to what everyone around me was thinking and feeling!  That being said, I never just write randomly about how thankful I am to be where I'm at today, so... yeah.  I've just realized over the past few months (this might seem obvious but shhhh it's just coming to me now) that this is the only time in our life that Scott and I are this free to do practically whatever we want whenever we want.  We've been married for 2.5 years, and are just really loving spending a lot of quality time togther.  Over the last couple of years, we have been so blessed to travel to so many new places and do so many fun things together.

Over this time frame, we did our honeymoon Caribbean cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale visiting Jamaica, Bahamas, Cozumel, Cayman Islands, Fort Lauderdale.  Then, we did an Alaskan cruise leaving from Seattle (amazing city!!) with my family last summer visiting Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, and a dip into Canada to see Prince Rupert.  Among other Canada adventures, my boss was awesome enough to take us to Toronto for the American Psychological Association's convention and we were able to sneak away to see Niagara Falls and the CN Tower!  Not to mention in just 1 short month we will be flying to London stopping in France, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria along the way to our ultimate destinations of Venice, Florence, and Rome.  I'll be flying two months later to be in my friend Emily's wedding in Portland, and then in September we'll be off to Tennessee for my step-sister's wedding-(all places I've never been!).  Seriously, WHAT?
 I'm almost done with this rant, but point being God has been so faithful in blessing us with so many fun adventures.  As a future oriented person (blessing and a curse) I am always thinking about what's coming "next" instead of just being thankful for where I am today and it is a daily battle to just look around me and just love where I'm at RIGHT NOW not getting caught up in the daily grind.  So that's what I'm doing.  I'm looking around me at this moment as I sit below my bay window in my room with Samson trying to cuddle with me and just being so thankful for today.

Ever since I graduated ASU in 2007, I've been trying to figure out if I'm supposed to grad school, what I want in life, and what I want to be "when I grow up."  I'm realizing that all of that doesn't matter, because I am exactly where God wants me to be right now.  He does not judge my success by worldly standards.  He simply asks that I listen to Him and follow where He leads me.  He asks that I serve Him, that I be a good friend, wife, daughter, and sister.  He asks that I spend time in relationship with Him, that I love and see people the way He does, and that I give Him my life daily.  That's who I am and why I was created.  There are a few things that I am sure of in life.  I am sure that I am in love with Jesus and want to serve him with everything that I am and have, that Scott is my best friend and life partner forever, and that I want to be a mom some day.  From an eternal perspective, what I "do" on a day to day basis if it isn't with Him in mind or for Him, it doesn't even matter because it's not about me, it's about Christ.

Galations 2:20
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Wow.  Weird that I started this blog with nothing to say and then I just typed all of that.  HA.  Sometimes I think I have nothing to write but then the childhood talker who always got her name on the chalkboard for talking too much in class comes out of me.  Cool.  

Have a blessed day, friends!  Don't forget to keep your head up and just enjoy today no matter where you're at or what you're doing.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment