Friday, July 15, 2011

Looking Back

**MUSHY WARNING ALERT.  I AM 28 WEEKS PREGNANT AND HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE EMOTIONAL AND HORMONAL.  IF YOU ARE SUBJECT TO BARFING ON ACCOUNT OF MUSH, READ NO FURTHER.  CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED.**

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to remember this time forever.  I want to remember how much my heart is overflowing with love and joy for both my husband and my little baby girl.




 I look at his face, and I see both the young boy that I fell in love with, and the grown man and father who I am even more faithfully devoted to year after year, tear after tear, kiss after kiss.




When we were 12, we would write long notes, passing them back and forth in the ever-dramatic hallways of our middle school.  I fell in love with his way with words.  Mature beyond his years, I knew that no matter who was lucky enough to marry him one day, she would be the luckiest girl in the world.




When we were 18, I knew I had to kiss him.  His physical stature changed that summer, and under that bridge after that warm August rain, my curiosity got the best of me.


When we were 20, I knew I couldn't spend the rest of my life without him, and at 21, we pledged our lives to one another.


(Taken by Josh and Kelley Johnson at Radiant Photography)

Now we're 25, and we have created a human life together.  I treasure this moment, and I treasure this day as we spend our last weeks together just the two of us.

Our daughter will be here in 12 weeks, and we're starting a new chapter.  While a part of me is sad to say goodbye to this part of life, I know what waits ahead will be a blessing far greater than what we can imagine now.  I know we will grow together even more, and that he can still be my boyfriend even if he has baby poop all over him and I become a hormonal crazy mess. 


I'm not trying to be dark and creepy, but it really is a good feeling knowing that if I died today, I would be content and satisfied with where I am today.  If I accomplish nothing more in this life than to love God with every ounce of my heart, mind, and soul, and to be the best wife and mom I can be, I will die a happy woman.

3 comments:

  1. You guys are the cutest ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love EVERYTHING about this post! Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm....Ok, Brianne, I have no "I'm pregnant and moody" excuses and I'm crying. ;) You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete