Saturday, August 15, 2009

I Heart Technology



Preparing for my usual Saturday morning routine, I "threw out" my back this morning attempting to throw a load of laundry in the washer. Who knew laundry could be such a dangerous task? For an energetic type A personality, this is a crushing experience. After doing some research online, I found out that the best way for me to heal is to rest my back for 48 hours and then I can be back to my normal routine. Wait. WHAT!? 48 hours??? I have to sit on my butt and do NOTHING for 48 hours!!??!! I know that for a lot of people this may be a cause for celebration, but it is really a time of mourning for me. My house will not get it's normal weekend conditioning, the laundry will continue to sit in the hamper, and meanwhile, I have to sit in my house thinking about all the things that I could be, should be, and want to be doing on my weekend. Eff. On the other hand, I do have to give kudos to our current world of technology that is currently providing me hours of mindless entertainment thanks to Tivo, the movie industry, and my precious laptop which allows me a glimpse into the world through social media. It's possible that I may actually survive this one hour at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment