Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Make your bed!

I never understood the concept of making your bed. I understand that it makes the room look neat and clean, and don't get me wrong, I like my decorative pillows as much as the next girl, but let's be honest; the concept of making your bed doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I make our bed when 1) I know ahead of time that people are coming over and will tour my house or 2) on the rare days that the whole house gets a thorough cleaning and the bed just doesn't look right unmade with a totally clean house. Would someone like to enlighten me on why making your bed is important? Because I'm pretty sure there are people out there that are anal about it, and I don't get it.

3 comments:

  1. I feel ya girl. My bed gets made if 1)like you said, people are coming over and are going to see my room (very rare, and only if they aren't family) and 2) I just washed the sheets! Hubby likes sheet only and I like the comforter. So the bed gets trashed anyways. But I do know some people that feel out of sorts if it's not done (my aunt). To me it's pointless and I feel better putting my time into other chores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah, we make it right after we have washed the sheets as well. Which is funny because we usually end up making it at night right before we go to sleep anyway. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You want a reason to NOT make your bed? Leaving it open AIRS the sheets and they stay feeling and smelling fresher!! There you are! Grammy

    ReplyDelete