Monday, April 4, 2011

The Ever Expanding Baby Bump and Preparations: Week 14

I have had a ton of homework lately and have felt guilty blogging when I have so many papers to write for school but I did take a week 13 belly pic!  Please excuse my messy room and awkward mirror pic taken with my phone!  It's a lot easier to just take a pic with my phone and e-mail it to myself than it is to actually whip out the camera.


Looks strikingly similar to week 14 belly pic that I took on my way to the gym this morning...


There is definitely a pooch there now for sure!  Helllllllloooooo pregnant belly.  Nice to see you.  I wish you were a little larger so I didn't just look like I had a large lunch, but there is just no way to skip this stage so I guess I will just accept you and move on.

This week has some major developments in store for the little lemon-sized baby.  Apparently, he or she can now squint, frown, grimace, do some toe wiggling, suck his or her thumb, and is even creating urine!  Too much info?

The symptoms continue to improve... I still feel exhausted at times but the nausea definitely continues to improve.  Even though it always seems to be present, it doesn't make me feel as gut-wrenching sick like before, and I have even started to feel hungry again!  And not just hungry might I add... I often feel ravenous!  Scott and I went to see Fiddler on the Roof at ASU Gammage on Friday night, and the play didn't get out until 11:00 pm.  We then had to make an emergency stop for a second dinner at In-and-Out for a hamburger and milkshake as I was so hungry I didn't think I'd make it home.  I don't think I've ever inhaled a burger so quickly... nor has a burger ever tasted so good.  It's so weird how pregnancy totally changes how everything tastes!  Things I used to be able to eat now gross me out, and things that were just okay before are now super delish!

I didn't have too many cravings in the first trimester, but yesterday during church I definitely had one.  I was sitting there trying to pay attention but all I could think about was bow-tie pasta in cream sauce... then I started fantasizing about what it would taste like to have some peas and bacon in that cream sauce... maybe a little chicken or ham also... with some french bread on the side..... ahhhhhh.  My super supportive friends and hubby went with me to indulge at Cheesecake Factory right after church where I had delicious pasta carbonara with cream sauce, bacon, peas, chicken, and even the bread....  It was everything I hoped it would be and more!  

Well friends, I cannot tell you how excited I am getting.  We have started cleaning out one of the spare bedrooms in baby preparation, and the whole nursery is planned out in my head.  We made some extra room in the closet this weekend, and moved out some of the old furniture.  Operation baby preparation has begun!  Every week that goes by my love for this baby grows more and more, and I can't wait to hold him or her!  6 more long months to go......

Okay... I know this post is getting really long and sappy, but can I just take a second to brag on this guy for a second?


Before you make fun of me too much for being corny, all I want to say is that I seriously don't know how single pregnant mamas do it.  I don't even have any rug-rats to chase around yet, and I am already so thankful for a supporting, loving, and encouraging husband to help me get through every day.  He tells me I'm beautiful on my "fat days," indulges my cravings, gives me a never ending supply of love and hugs,  and somehow makes me feel normal amongst all the crazy pregnancy hormones.  Just had to give him a little public shout out and acknowledge all the blessings my heavenly Father has given me today. :-)

Happy Monday!!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I am so excited for you! Being pregnant is one of the best experiences! I loved reading this because everything you said, I had felt that exact way at some point! Enjoy every minute, even the not so fun ones! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa W.4.4.11

    awwww adorable. and i loved ur shout out to scott :) so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your husband's cute! :D

    and congratulations on the baby!!! the part about you fantasizing about bow-tie pasta made me laugh coz i get that sometimes (food fantasies) too in long long meetings and at odd random moments.

    ReplyDelete