Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jesus!

 If Jesus was still on Earth... He would be somewhere around 2,000 years old!  Instead of focusing on His age... I'm thinking He would probably want us to spend his birthday in other ways.  :-)  Knowing Jesus... I'm thinking that He would want us to celebrate his birth like this:

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
   because the LORD has anointed me
   to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
   to proclaim freedom for the captives
   and release the prisoners from darkness,[a]

2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
   and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn....


Isaiah 61: 1-2

I love these verses!  How can we serve and give more to others this holiday season?  How can we give to the poor, comfort all who mourn, and be Jesus' hands and feet as a way of celebrating His glorious life?  Just some food for thought on this beautiful Monday.  Merry Christmas week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment