Saturday, July 14, 2012

New Beginnings... NEW Blog Title!

Scott and I have been thinking about changing our blog title for awhile now, but could not agree on one we both liked.  I think we have finally come to an agreement!  Obviously this blog has turned into an outlet to document pictures and things that we want to remember and look back on about Kaelyn as she grows.  The title "baby steps" seemed appropriate in that regard.

In addition, God has recently been teaching me about the importance of moving forward, one small step at a time.  Becoming a professional therapist has always been a dream of mine.  But looking into how to get there seemed overwhelming.  A few years of classes, a year and a half long internship, numerous professional growth seminar credits, the comprehensive exam to graduate, the national counselor's exam to become licensed, the licensure paperwork... AH!  That's enough to scare anyone off!  And when to find the time to do all of that?  Especially in the process of wanting to start a family?  However, I had this small tug on my heart.  God was telling me not to worry about all of that, and just to focus on that first small step of applying.  Then, I took the next step to just start a class.  And another.  And another.  And now I only have 2 classes left out of the 60 some credits I had at the start!  I still have internship and all the exams ahead of me, but I can't believe how far I have come!

Anyway, the bottom line is that God has been constantly reminding me about just taking that next little baby step in every area of my life.

Matthew 6:34 says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."

No matter what lies ahead, I always want to be just focusing on what my next small steps are.  It's easy to get overwhelmed when you have big goals and are a big dreamer like myself.  But not if you just focus on that little baby step in front of you.

Here are some quotes that have inspired me:

The grace to be a beginner is always the best prayer for an artist. The beginner's humility and openness lead to exploration. Exploration leads to accomplishment. All of it begins at the beginning, with the first small and scary step.
Julia Cameron


Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
Henry Ford  


Have a bias toward action – let’s see something happen now. You can break that big plan into small steps and take the first step right away.
Indira Gandhi 


Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
Martin Luther King, Jr. 


A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
Lao Tzu 


He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
Friedrich Nietzsche 


If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.
Nora Roberts 


The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret to getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks and then starting on the first one.
Mark Twain
         
   
Anything can be accomplished with the grace of God and taking small steps to reach the goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment