Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothy

I really like protein shakes for breakfast or post work out so I created this fairly healthy shake for a delicious satisfying treat!

Here are the ingredients:
1 large spoonful of peanut butter
1 banana
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1/2 cup milk
handful of ice

This is the kind of protein powder I use.  You can get it at Costco.

Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.  I typically put in all of the ingredients in and then eyeball the amount of milk.  If you want a thicker shake, don't put in as much milk, and if you want a smoother shake, add more milk.

You can also use a frozen banana instead of ice.  I typically peel and then cut the banana into smaller pieces before freezing in a small ziplock bag.  This is actually my preferred method, but the morning I made this I hadn't frozen the banana so the recipe has ice in it.  Don't hate.

This makes one large smoothy (enough for 1 person or a smaller shake for 2).  The amount of smoothy also depends on how much milk you put in.

This picture doesn't even make it look good, but it is.  Trust me. Just make it.  You won't be disappointed!!  SO FILLING AND SO YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment