Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Here's to New Beginnings





Today I have been accepted into grad school at Ottawa University and will start classes the 4th week of August!

I have decided to get my Master of Arts in Professional Counseling and become dually licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist.

As many of you know, I have been pondering going back to school ever since I got my BA in Psychology in 2007.  After 2.5 years of soul searching and asking God what he wants to do with my life, I feel that he has finally answered my prayers and given me some direction. :)

I LOVE to learn new things, and I can't wait to get started.  I LOVE to grow, be productive, and work towards goals that excite me.  I LOVE that I will be working in a positive direction knowing that I will be working towards becoming a better person with more to offer the world and the knowledge to really be able to help people in the way that God has gifted me.  God created me to be a sensitive person with the spiritual gifts of mercy and encouragement, and I can't think of a field for who He has made me.  I can't wait to see what He is going to do with my life from here.

It is going to be a night and weekend 60ish credit program (60 credits for the MA in PC but a few more added credits/classes for the Marriage and Family concentration) through Ottawa University that will take around 3 years to complete if I don't take any breaks.

I am so excited about life and to see where God takes me from here!  Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! This is so exciting, I'm so happy for you! Such a perfect thing for you! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! I am so excited for you! We can have a study date at Starbucks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so proud of you!!!. You will be an amazing counselor/therapist, God has given you an incredible gift of love and concern for others. You have a great God given perspective on life. We know Scott will be such a supportive husband through all your schooling!!

    Love you 2 lots!!!

    Laurie & Doug

    ReplyDelete