Monday, May 2, 2011

18 Weeks and the Big Gender Debate!


Side-note: Can I just say....I am super obsessed with little baby booties and shoes!  They are the cutest ever!  Can you have a side-note before you even begin a blog post?  Well... it's my post... so I suppose I can, HA!

We have our big 18 week ultrasound TOMORROW!  Yes folks, the day has finally arrived.  SO PUMPED!  Please pray that we see a healthy little 18 week old baby, and that everything is developing according to plan!  Please also pray that the little munchkin will cooperate and show us his or her special parts because I definitely want to know!  Unfortunately for you all, 1/2 of our family members had commitments tomorrow evening and aren't able to come over to find out.... in fact, the only time that it will all work for our families to all come over is Mother's Day... so we are going to be super cruel and make everyone wait until Sunday to find out!

In other news...


The bump really popped this week!  Please excuse my awkward iPhone pic with the toilet behind me.  I never claimed to be a photographer people... and my husband is never home when I think about photo time!

 Current Baby Size: Week 18 - Sweet Potato

Symptoms: Negative: My body is super exhausted much of the time.  Positive: My husband is really enjoying the recent physical augmentations.

Food Cravings: I like food.... a lot.  Not any specific type of food, just really food in general.  Pretty much always hungry!

Something I've done to prepare for baby: We went baby furniture shopping this weekend and may have selected a crib!  It converts into a toddler and a full bed---amazing!

Special moment: Laying in bed with the hubs talking/dreaming together about what our baby will look like, smell like, act like, and how we will parent together.  Also loving Scott saying, "goodbye" to the baby whenever we part and knowing that the baby can hear us now!

5 comments:

  1. Hello! I am your newest follower! Your little bump is precious! I can't wait to keep reading and read more of your stories!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin! Thanks for your comment, and thanks for reading! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your posts!!! When I found out Maddy was a girl, my heart stopped- one of the most exciting moments of my life!!! I am so excited for all of the fun stuff going on for you right now, and the awesomeness that awaits you when your little one arrives! :) Thanks for keeping us updated and letting us live vicariously through you a little bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Emily!!:) It was such a thrilling moment... I will remember it for the rest of my life! I definitely couldn't hold back the tears laying on that table.. I was such a blubbering mess haha. I can't wait to announce to the world and I will definitely be sharing the story soon!! Blogging is such a great way to remember stuff like this--I love it! <3

    ReplyDelete