Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Comfortable or Complacent?

Every day I wake up, look over at my wonderful husband, and thank God for all he has blessed us with.  I am thankful for our jobs, our homes, our church, our pups, our families... the list goes on.

But somewhere in there I wonder if I hold too tightly to the material things that make me feel secure.   I wonder if I am too comfortable, and if I give God enough room to move in my life.

I wonder how open my eyes are to new opportunities, and what God would do if I held everything in my life more loosely.  I love my life.  I'm comfortable.  But what if God wanted Scott and I to give up everything in our comfortable Phoenix bubble and do something radical?  Would we be open to that?

I just don't want to be guilty of not surrendering everything to Him.  He has blessed us with so much, but I don't want to get into the every day trap of routine and not open my eyes to what God is doing all around me.

I don't think it's wrong to be comfortable, but I also don't want to be too comfortable where I am not listening wholeheartedly to what/where God is calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment