Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Down with the Sickness

It's crazy what a couple of trips to the vet and a sick animal can do to my stress level and my checking account.  


Mr. Sam is sick....  He started acting weird last week when he stopped eating (usually swallows most of his dish whole in about 2.5 seconds) and being his usual perky self (he's a 1 year old pup... energy level: abundant).  My normal happy loveable teddy bear has turned into a lethargic unmoveable mass of saddness on my floor.  

We paid $200 some dollars to do a blood test that was inconclusive... so just shelled out another $130 today to pay for a Valley Fever test which would mean he would then be on meds for anywhere from 6 mo-1 year.  We'll find out the results of the test in 2-5 days.

If it's not that, it's very possible that he could have ate a tennis ball, river rocks, or some other large foreign object that I have not found missing in my house yet.  So that would require x-rays, possible surgery, and who knows what else.  Why can't he just tell us what's wrong?  And how can vets be so expensive?  I feel really bad for Sam... and am also wondering how vets can charge so much. 

Oh, Sam.... (sigh).

No comments:

Post a Comment