Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kathleen Marie 10.12.1961-2.24.2006


(The lay out of the blog cuts off the right side of the collage so just click on any image above to see the whole thing in it's entirety.)

Today is the 4 year anniversary of my mom's death. 

I thought it would be healing for me today to make a collage and share a little bit.  I blogged about her here on her 48th birthday last year and received so much feedback that I decided to share more.  It was so inspiring and encouraging for me to hear from and connect with others who were hurting from her loss as well.

Even though it's hard sometimes, I am still trusting God as the blessed controller of all things, and know that my life will be a continuing healing process.  I love her.  I miss her.  I want her here healthy and living.  But since I can't have that, I choose to be thankful for her life and for all she taught me.  I am thankful for my continued growth every day and for God's healing in my life.  I'm thankful for my family, friends, mentors, and mom figures that have helped in my healing, and I am thankful for the many glorious years that my mom tremendously blessed the lives of others.  While it is impossible to forget the hard times, I will treasure happy memories of her forever and can't wait to dance with her in heaven some day.

I know my family would love to read any happy memories you have of her if you would like to share in the comments section below.:)

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! Looks like we have a very painful and real connection. My dad died 3.5 months before our wedding. it was 7 years on Feb 2 for me. it DOES get easier, for which i am sooooo thankful. its still painful, though, at times. i, too, am really thankful John got to know my dad (my dad kinda put him through the wringer :). It was John that first told Adelaide about my dad. That is very meaningful to me. Anyhow, I appreciate you writing about your mom... it is healing to be able to process this way, and its good to know there are others out there that really do KNOW what you are going through. blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan24.2.10

    Brianne,
    You have been and will always be my best friend. I remember your mom always telling us how she prayed for 2 best friends for you like the ones she had. You got a sister out of one and I'll ALWAYS be here for you like a sister! You are amazing and you never cease to amaze me with your strength in healing from this. Thank you for sharing your process, I mean that! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beautiful Mom would come in to see me at the bank when I worked there. Her smile could light up a room! And someone I know got her great looks and great gift ;) and we are all blessed to have that warmth in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mom and I miss her. I remember that she used to make us yummy sandwiches and serve them to us by your pool at the outdoor table.
    She had a great laugh and wonderful smile!

    ReplyDelete